“What is your favourite wine from Chile?” was a question recently asked over at the Discover Chile Facebook group – from your everyday table wine to special occasion wine that can be picked up at your local Chilean grocery store. That thread received over 70 comments – here are some of the more popular recommendations:
TABLE WINES (CLP$5.000 or less)
- Casa Silva Select Terroir
- Casas del Bosque Reserva (special mention for their Chardonnay)
- Casas Patronales (special mention for their Cabernet Sauvignon and Carmenere)
- Concha y Toro
- Doña Dominga
- Las Mulas by Miguel Torres
- Misiones de Rengo
- Viu Manent Winery, Reserva (special mention for their Malbec)
SPECIAL OCCASION WINES (more than CLP$6.000)
- Almaviva from Concha y Toro
- Casas del Bosque Gran Reserva (special mention for their Syrah and Sauvignon Blanc)
- Castillo de Molina (special mention for their Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot)
- Coralillo line from Matetic
- Marqués de Casa y Concha (special mention for their Cabernet Sauvignon)
- Montes Alpha
- MontGras (special mention for their blend, Quatro)
- Parcela #7 – Viña Von Sibenthal
- Santa Digna de Miguel Torres (special mention for their Carmenere)
- Santa Ema Reserva Especial (special mention for their Merlot)
Read the entire thread with everyone’s recommendations by joining the Discover Chile Facebook group – but FIRST, do give a “LIKE” to our fan page LOCATED HERE
And then join the Discover Chile Facebook Group LOCATED HERE
Moving to Chile? Need to buy or rent a home – or sell your house or apartment? Contact Penny Ortega (trilingual Canadian living in Chile for over 10 years) to see how she can be of help!
Telephone: +56 9 6365 7602
I speak English. Je parle Français. Hablo Español.
Real Estate Agent and Relocation Consultant: LinkedIn Profile
Don’t Miss Out on our Many Activities Organized for the Discover Chile Community!
CLICK HERE to sign-up and start receiving the ‘Discover Chile News Bulletin’ directly to your inbox, and never rely on word-of-mouth or your Facebook newsfeed again! CLICK HERE and take 20 seconds to enter your name and email address. We promise NEVER to share your email address with ANYONE, and we promise never to send out more than two bulletins per month. You may quickly and easily unsubscribe anytime.
If you’re an ExPat living in Chile or are travelling to Chile for business or pleasure, join one of the largest English-speaking communities on Facebook and exchange helpful entertainment and travel tips with others while enjoying special offers and preferential treatment by participating restaurants, vineyards and other local businesses to make the most of your trip to Chile!